Mould growth is caused by excessive moisture in the air of the surrounding environment. This excess moisture is usually caused by things such as leaking pipes, flooding and/or improper ventilation. Mould spores thrive on moisture as it is the key element in mould growth. Due to this, the mould spores have become extremely good at searching for and finding moisture in even the most unusual places. This causes mould to spread very rapidly throughout dark, moist spaces that do not receive proper ventilation. Many people underestimate the rate at which mould patches will spread, often ignoring small mould problems assuming that they have plenty of time to get them under control. By doing this they are creating a much bigger problem for them selves in the long run, and potentially harming themselves and their family if the mould is in fact toxic (e.g. Black Mould).
How do you remove mould?
1. Inspection – Our Mould Pro experts will search your property for visible growth, invisible mould spores and high moisture levels (by using humidity meters). Once we have thoroughly analysed your property we will determine the correct cause of action needed to be taken in order to remove the mould and prevent its return.
2. Correction – We will stop any direct moisture sources that may be occurring such as, sub floor water seepage, leaking pipes, leaking ceiling, leaking gutters etc. Each customer will need a specific course of action for mould removal based on their situation, so the specifics of each job will be arranged once the initial inspection is complete.
3. Removal – The process starts with a mist spray of our non toxic, non hazardous mould removal agent. The product is then spread across all surfaces and extra scrubbing is undertaken on areas with visible mould growth. During this process air purifiers will be used to capture airborne mould spores, removing them from the environment completely rather than just moving them from once space to another.
4. Dry Out – If moisture levels in the property are particularly high (e.g. after a big flood), we will place dehumidifiers throughout the home to ensure that the building structures are properly dried. If moisture is left in the air then moisture can continue to thrive and grow again after a removal process.
5. Prevention – To ensure that the mould does not come back, the original root cause of the mould growth must be rectified. As each case is unique, we will advise you on the process that needs to be undertaken in order to achieve this on a case by case basis. Often it will involve increasing ventilation, drainage improvements, dehumidifiers etc.
What are the first signs of mould?
In the colder months of the year, many home owners can suffer from mould outbreaks due to a high level of moisture in certain areas of their home. As people user heaters to warm their home, the warm air makes contact with cold surfaces such as windows and creates condensation. This increases the air-moisture levels and creates an environment in which mould can grow and flourish. The mould will often start as small little black dots (spores) in the more poorly ventilated areas of a building. These spots can often go un noticed and will then begin to spread rapidly with the increased air humidity during the winter months. If you notice any strange dark spots beginning to form – usually in dark spaces or behind cupboards etc. – this may be mould and you should contact a mould removal professional quickly before it gets out of hand.
How do you reduce moisture in your home?
You can start by keeping your heating at a continuous and low level, so there are no short bursts of sudden heat that create a rapid rise in air temperature and allow condensation to begin. You can also help reduce condensation by allowing proper ventilation throughout your home or even by purchasing a dehumidifier to do the work for you.
What type of chemicals do you use?
At Mould Pro, we always use a very safe, non-toxic, ammonia-free chemical for all mould removal jobs. We strive to remove mould in the most natural way without causing any damage to the surrounding environment. We can supply Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) if you wish to see more information on the chemicals.
How long does the mould removal process take?
It’s very circumstantial, depending on the house and the extent of the mould damage. But typically between 1 to 6 hours for the full treatment to take place.
How do we prepare for the mould removal treatment?
Once we inspect your home and study the extent of the mould growth, we will provide you with a full information sheet on how you can best prepare for the mould removal treatment. Generally you will need to put all food and toiletries away and move all furniture from the infected areas.
What does insurance cover?
Insurance will usually only cover certain water damage issues, you will need to check with your insurance provider to see if a mould removal treatment is covered under your plan.
powered by FormCraft
If you have mould on your property then it’s imperative you act quickly – please contact us ASAP
Please do not try to clean the area before you speak with us as you may spread the mould further.
Experienced and fully licensed Mould Removal Technicians
100% customer satisfaction rate
We strictly follow all Australian health and safety guidelines and all guidelines set out by the IICRC
All our mould testing is done in certified, professional laboratories rather than with inaccurate home sampling kits
At Mould Pro, we understand mould better than anyone else. Many people believe that you can simply eradicate mould using bleach, however, this is only a temporary solution.We recognise that mould can only grow in areas where high moisture levels are present, therefore, we find the source of the mould and remove it for good. There can often be thousands of mould spores present in an area of your home without you knowing, as they are practically unseeable with the human eye until the spores start to spread rapidly. In some cases the mould spores can even be smelled before they can be seen, as they hide away in dark, moist areas that often go unnoticed.
By choosing Mould Pro, you are choosing one of the most experienced mould removal companies in Australia. So before your mould problem becomes a serious health hazard, call Mould Pro to get an obligation free quote and stop mould in its tracks.
A ruptured water pipe is something people usually associate with extremely cold conditions in the middle of winter. As pipes freeze in the cold and then thaw out as the temperature rises, they can in […]